Saturday, June 25, 2016

Review: WOW Lemon Cookies and Glutino Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm not typically much on the typical store-bought cookies of any kind.  Compared to Subway cookies (my favorite!) they are always dry and rather unsatisfying.

However, on the scale of pre-made cookies you buy in a bag, the Glutino ones are not bad.  They are, if anything, a little extra dry, but are probably only a little below average for this kind of cookie.  They do have lots of chocolate chips in them, which helps. 

My son, who is only 5, likes these just as much as any cookie.  But he's 5 and a five-year old loves all cookies.  So he's mostly been eating these - he's not gotten the whole "special foods only for big sister" thing yet, so it helps keep the peace.


My daughter is not enamored of the Glutinos, preferring the Wow Lemon Cookies instead, and I don't blame her.  The Wow cookies are really quite excellent, although they are quite expensive if you buy them at regular price.  They are soft, smell and feel good, and taste really good too.  My daughter quite loves her lemon cookies now!

I prefer the Peanut Butter ones - enough so that I find myself buying them instead of "regular" cookies, as long as they are on sale.  As my daughter doesn't like PB, I can buy them with the pretense they're for her, but eat them myself.  They're not Subway, but they're still awfully good  :-)  I don't think my wife has realized I've gone through a whole bag already!

They are definitely good but since I have other options, I would probably not buy them >for myself< at regular price.  I would be more likely to buy them full price for my daughter, though, as she has limited cookie options that she likes.

I don't know if the brand name is Wow, WOW, Wow! or WOW!  But whatever it is, it is a pretty good cookie.  As far as cookies deserve a "Wow!" these ones do.




No comments:

Post a Comment